On-Time Guarantee Policy | Waiting Time Policy | Cancellation Policy | Holiday Fees | Extreme Travel Time Policy | Cleaning Fees or Damages | Other Additional Charges | Prom Policy | Illegal Substance Policy | Frequent Rider Program Policy | Administrative Assistant’s Appreciation Program Policy
There are many variables in providing limousine transportation. When it comes to services requested of us, preferences vary widely. To insure the accuracy of the reservations we receive, the quality of the service we provide, the fairness of our pricing and to guarantee the value of our client incentive programs we must set forth the following policies. Please take the time to read through this page so you are at no time surprised by any additional charges, changes in rate structure or cancellation fees.
AAA Worldwide Transportation guarantees that every vehicle will report no later than the pre-arranged pick up time. If, at any time, we fail to report on time, the client is entitled to receive a comparable trip at a future date on a complimentary basis at their convenience. Any complimentary trip will be provided within the guidelines of the Frequent Rider Program Policy as written below. The issuance of a free ride voucher is based on the sole discretion of an officer of AAA Worldwide Transportation. The occasions when an officer of our company may refuse to issue a free ride voucher are as follows:
- If AAA Worldwide Transportation has received an incomplete reservation no free ride will be granted. Complete reservations include:
- A complete pick-up address including street name, street number, suite or apartment number, town, township and contact phone at the pick-up address. All pick-up locations should have the street number visibly posted.
- A complete drop off address.
- Airport pick-ups must include airline name, city of origin, flight number, flight departure or arrival times and airline code-share information, if applicable.
- Charter airlines or airport arrivals associated with tour companies do not qualify. We will exert our best effort to be on time for these trips and want to make it clear that most often we are not able to obtain actual arrival information for these flights. This may result in a waiting time charge to the passenger or the necessity for the passengers to wait until the pre-arranged pick-up time for their chauffeur to arrive.
- Confirmation calls are made to every client the day before every outbound trip confirming each leg of their trip. If a client does not receive this confirmation call or a confirmation voice message, the client must call our office at 800-932-7789 or 908-735-6499 to confirm that the reservation was correctly booked.
- Valid e-mail address or fax number for the purpose of reservation confirmation. We cannot guarantee reservations that cannot be confirmed in writing at least 24 hours in advance of the reservation date and time.
- If a reservation has been changed by the client within 12 hours of the pre-arranged time we will exert our best effort to report at the newly requested pick-up time, though our guarantee will not apply.
- If a new reservation has been received less than 24 hours before the requested pick up time our guarantee will not apply.
- Due to traffic restrictions, our guarantee cannot apply to any NYC pick-ups that are not part of a continuous “As Directed” or “Wait & Return” type trip that is billed on an hourly basis.
- In all situations, especially airport pick-ups, if the client has failed to call our office at 800-932-7789 or 908-735-6499 to report an inability to locate our chauffeur, no free ride will be granted. On occasions when a client leaves the pick-up location without first calling our office for assistance, cancellation fees will be charged as described below.
There are many circumstances that can create the necessity for our chauffeurs to wait for clients. We understand perfectly that there are scenarios which can be controlled by the client, and those that cannot. Therefore, we have two price schedules for waiting time.
Full Rate waiting time charges will be applied at the full regular hourly rate for the vehicle in use on occasions when a flat (zoned) rate is being charged and:
- The client has exceeded a fifteen minute grace period for non-airport pick-ups.
- The client has changed to a later pick-up time within 4 hours of the previously arranged pick-up time. We will limit this charge to a maximum of 1 hour of waiting time.
Half Rate waiting time charges will be applied at half of the regular hourly rate of the vehicle in use on occasions when:
- The client has exceeded the one hour grace period for airport pick-ups.
- The client has exceeded the 30 minute grace period for train pick-ups.
- Any point to point trip cancellation received less than two hours prior to the pre-arranged pick up time will be billed at the full rate of the trip including all expected charges.
- Any point to point trip cancellation received between two and four hours prior to the pre-arranged pick-up time will be billed 50% of the fare, plus gratuity based on the full amount of the fare.
- Any cancellation of an “As Directed” or “Wait & Return” type trip billed on an hourly basis, received less than twelve hours prior to the pre-arranged pick up time, will be billed at the full hourly rate of the scheduled vehicle times the expected trip duration, including gratuity.
- Any cancellation of an “As Directed” or “Wait & Return” type trip billed on an hourly basis, received twelve to twenty-four hours in advance of the pre-arranged pick-up time, will be billed at 50% of the hourly rate of the vehicle times the expected trip duration, including gratuity based on the full rate.
- Cancellations for trips billed on an hourly basis, weddings or a prom where we have collected a deposit, the deposit will be forfeited by the client unless the originally reserved vehicle can be re-booked. If the vehicle is re-booked for the date in question, the deposit will be returned to the party from which it was received after it has been re-booked. All decisions regarding deposit issues are made by upper management and are final.
- No-Fault cancellations (Defined as: Pre-arranged reservations that must be canceled due to airline flight delays, missed connections, inability of an airline to deliver our client to an airport in our service area, the cancellation of train service, a 9/11 class catastrophe or a death of a client’s immediate family member) received within two hours of the original pick-up time, will be billed flat fee. For any pick up that is local to our Clinton, NJ office the charge will be $50.00. For any pick up outside of our local area (i.e. New York City, Philadelphia) the charge will be $75.00. No-Fault cancellations received more than two hours in advance of the original pick-up time will not be charged.
Holiday fees enable us to offer service on holidays. The charge offers our chauffeurs an incentive to be available on holidays. Without it, we simply could not offer service on those days. The holiday charge is a $25 additional charge and is applied on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Easter Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Eve starting at 3:00 PM, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve starting at 3:00 PM.
Adverse weather conditions can create drastic increases in travel time. Our flat-rate fare structure is based on normal time and mileage factors, as is the chauffeur pay structure. In bad weather situations, we must charge differently due to extreme increases in trip duration. During adverse weather conditions or severe traffic delays, we reserve the right to change from our flat rate pricing structure to our hourly pricing structure. This policy will be invoked when a trip may take or has taken greater than 30 minutes beyond the normal trip duration, as defined by the management of AAA Worldwide Transportation.
Hourly charges will be applied at the normal hourly rate for the vehicle in use on a “door to Garage” basis. This means the client will be charged from the time of pick-up until the vehicle reaches our garage after the client is discharged. In cases of airport pick-up, the hourly charge will begin when the vehicle leaves our garage until the time we reach the final drop off location.
We will exert every effort to notify all clients that this policy may be invoked due to expected inclement weather or heavy traffic delays upon confirmation but reserve the right to invoke this policy without notice.
Cleaning fees will only be applied if our vehicle is biologically contaminated by any bodily fluid and may include all costs sending the vehicle back to the manufacturer for disassembly, decontamination and reassembly. Cleaning fees can vary from as little as $100 to more than $10,000 depending on the level and location of contamination.
Deliberate damage to the interior or exterior of any vehicle will be charged at the cost of restoration, plus a 50% service fee.
An Early Morning or Late Night fee of $15 will be added to every trip with an actual pick-up time before 6:00 AM or after 11:00 PM. It should be noted that this fee will be applied for airport pick-ups before 7:00 AM for Newark Airport and 7:30 AM for JFK, La Guardia and Philadelphia Airports, or on scheduled evening arrivals that have been delayed requiring the vehicle to leave the airport after 11:00 PM.
A Surface Transportation Charge (STC) will be added to every reservation. The STC is a variable charge that we use to compensate for short term fluctuations in the price of fuel and insurance or other costs associated with our cost of doing business. The STC is generally 5% to 10% of the amount of the fare and gives us the ability to make minor short-term adjustments in revenue without having to change our published rates.
All prom participants, regardless of age, are required to submit a parental consent form available from our Special Occasion Coordinator. The consent form includes a definition of acceptable behavior rules and restrictions.
If at any time during a prom trip, our chauffeur observes any breach of prom rules, he is required to terminate the trip immediately, notify the host parent and return all participants to the point of origin. If the chauffeur receives any resistance or argument from the participants or suspects the presence of any controlled dangerous substance, which includes alcohol in this case, he is required to pull to the side of the road, call the police, request a canine search of the vehicle and notify the host parent he has done so and what his exact location is. From there the police will prosecute, to the fullest extent of the law, any participant found to be in possession of any illegal substance.
There will be no refunds if any prom policy rule or restriction is violated.
If at any time during any trip, our chauffeur suspects the presence of illegal substances he is required to terminate the trip immediately and is required to pull to the side of the road, call the police and request a canine search of the vehicle. From there the police will prosecute any participant found to be in possession of any illegal substance to the fullest extent of the law.
It should be noted that open container laws regulating alcoholic beverages do not apply to any vehicle that is licensed and registered as a limousine. Though we cannot legally and do not provide any alcoholic beverages, it is legally acceptable to consume alcohol in a limousine AS LONG AS ALL PERSONS in the limousine are above the legal drinking age.
Program requirements and restrictions are as follows:
- Only paid trips taken during the 24 months prior to the free trip date may be used in qualifying for a free trip.
- All free trips MUST be booked at least 7 (seven) days prior to the free trip date. *Waived for Platinum members.
- The free trip requested must be of equal value to the average of the 10 or 20 trips which earned it. (That will be done by taking the average base fare of the trips which earned the free one).
- Gratuity, parking, tolls, extra stops, and/or holiday fees are not included. These fees will be paid directly to your Chauffeur. Cash is the preferred method of payment. PLEASE NOTE: there will be a $10.00 administration fee added to any fee not paid in cash (*waived for Platinum members).
- Every Ten paid trips earns one FRP, usable Tuesday (12:01am) through Thursday (11:59pm).
- Two FRP’s are required for trips Friday (12:01 am) through Monday (11:59 pm) and Holidays. *Waived for Platinum members.
- No more than one free trip credit may be used towards hourly service in vehicles other than a sedan.
- The maximum value of any hourly free trip credit is $200.00.
- If the requested trip is of greater value than the free trip earned, the client may apply the value of the free trip to the more expensive trip, and pay the difference (plus gratuity) based on the full retail rate.
- If the requested trip is of lesser value than the free trip earned, no change or credit will be given.
- Free trip credits may not be used toward any prom or wedding booking.
*Platinum Membership: A client who has at least 15 paid trips in a year, is entitled to platinum membership privileges the following year.
An incentive program that gives the Administrative Assistants the opportunity to earn points to use toward packages set forth in the program literature. Administrative Assistants must be enrolled into the program by the AAA Worldwide Transportation Manager of Business Development.
- No Administrative Assistants may participate in the program who have not been properly interviewed and enrolled by the Manager of Business Development.
- Gratuities, holiday fees, parking, and tolls are not included and must be paid directly to the chauffeur. The standard gratuity is 20% of the retail value of the trip.
Administrative Assistant points earned may only be used toward the program packages and are not redeemable in any other way, unless approved by the Manager of Business Development.